Monday, April 14, 2008

come on in, i will grow you

All bone meal and
stomach insides,
I am soil.
Soaked with womb water
and coffee grounds
black as creation.
Plunge your hands in,
feel for the seed that will become you.
There’s dreams in there.
Half opened, barely sprouting.
Leave them alone.

I think you know
I will hold you.
You could smell that
from the other side of the bar.
I think you could find the word Mother
written in the grid of my freckles.
It shares a T with the word Gift.
I have a soft spot for Beings who
do not know their own worth.
So, come on in.

I don’t care about headlines,
the things they say about women like me.
I don’t care if you have agendas,
I don’t dig deep enough to uncover motive.
I just see when love is needed and offer
whatever I have in exchange.
The sun will be up soon.
Let’s hide here,
under the covers.

I will place my
ear to your belly button and
listen for birth. Your stories
are the nametag piercing through
your chest. Let’s take that off now.
We know who You are.
Just breathe out.
You are broken bits of carbon
and belief systems,
The world needs that to survive
Even after you forget me
I will still grow you.

No comments: